Help Desk Technician
We are looking for a Help Desk Technician who has experience in a technical support environment, has strong technological skills with an emphasis on the understanding of terminology and functionality. The right individual performs productively in a fast-paced work environment, works well independently, and can follow a project through from start to completion.
- Initiate diagnosis, resolution, and contact for the various Canfield Imaging Systems hardware and software platforms to external customers in the medical field
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voicemail, and email requests for assistance from end-users experiencing problems with hardware, software, and networking issues in support of Canfield hardware and software
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, dispatch and follow-up for routine end-user problems, escalating more complex problems to the Manager and Development teams
- Interviewing users to collect information about problems and lead users through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error as well as educate and instruct end-users on various application and hardware issues
- 2 - 3+ years’ experience in a technical support environment
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting MS Windows applications and hardware peripherals
- Basic Microsoft windows networking configuration experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Track, follow-up, and communicate to appropriate parties regarding ongoing issue resolution and statuses for trouble tickets
- SQL database, Microsoft Office, and iPad/Mac experience is advantageous
- Digital photography experience and Bilingual is a plus
Founded in 1987, Canfield Scientific, Inc. is a core imaging lab providing custom photographic systems, image monitoring, and centralized analysis services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and cosmetics industries supporting global clinical trials providing primary endpoint data and supporting documentation. Canfield has supported over 2,000 clinical studies, worked worldwide with thousands of clinical study sites, and has been retained by many of the world's leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Canfield's imaging equipment leads the industry providing high-quality, registered, reproducible clinical images. This, together with proactive clinical image monitoring and a world class quality assurance regimen, sets the gold standard in image quality for clinical studies. Canfield is a privately held company, located in northern New Jersey, with tremendous energy and a bright outlook and offering a rewarding career opportunity.