Image Analysis Specialist
The ideal candidate for our Image Analysis Specialist position is an individual who performs productively in a fast-paced work environment, works well both within a team environment as well as independently, communicates well, and possesses an eagerness to be part of a dynamic group of focused and creative individuals. This individual will contribute to the company's efforts in developing and implementing new medical imaging methods and analysis algorithms in the areas of biomedical imaging, biometrics, microscopy, spectroscopy, etc. and clinical trial data analyses/data integrity assurance.
- Consult with clients on new imaging methods definition/feasibility to meet their needs; document requirements and timelines.
- Lead our method development, implementation, execution, and validation in support of clinical and product efficacy claim support.
- Collaborate with - and contribute to - Canfield's image analysis research team in developing, optimizing, and testing of algorithms for the detection and analysis of skin/topological features using standard and multi-spectral clinical images.
- Perform statistical analysis and assure data integrity of clinical data.
- Create and maintain the process and documentation for clinical image analysis.
- Ideally the candidate would have worked in the Cosmetics or Pharmacology image analysis R&D environment.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in an imaging related field with 5+ years in clinical (or other) research, methods development, and image and data analyses.
- Media Cybernetics Image-Pro Plus "power user" with extensive knowledge of Auto-Pro scripting environment, Versions 6/7.
- Proficient in Visual Basic 6 GUI development.
- Should have a good understanding of the extraction clinical quality data from color images and understand color spaces, illuminants and digital camera sensors.
- Scientific expertise and knowledge in new method development especially in skin image analysis techniques.
- Demonstrated expertise in statistical analysis, data mining techniques.
- Ability to provide technical leadership, strong problem solving skills, and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience working in a regulated GCP / 21 CFR Part 11 compliant environments.
- Some experience with VB.net and Image-Pro Premier 9.1.
- Working knowledge of MatLab image analysis/processing environments.
- Experience with multi-spectral imaging, confocal microscopy, and /or fluorescence microscopy imaging
Members of Our Team...
- Have a real voice in our clinical service projects
- Talk directly with the client/sponsors, investigators, and users
- Collaborate with members of our spirited project teams to contribute to ultimate project success
- See project from start-up through finish
Founded in 1987, Canfield Scientific, Inc. is a core imaging lab providing custom photographic systems, image monitoring, and centralized analysis services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and cosmetics industries supporting global clinical trials providing primary endpoint data and supporting documentation. Canfield has supported over 2,000 clinical studies, worked worldwide with thousands of clinical study sites, and has been retained by many of the world's leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Canfield's imaging equipment leads the industry providing high-quality, registered, reproducible clinical images. This, together with proactive clinical image monitoring and a world class quality assurance regimen, sets the gold standard in image quality for clinical studies. Canfield is a dynamic and growing company located in northern New Jersey with tremendous energy and a bright outlook.